Monday, January 30, 2017

Ich bin eine Mutter


Hallo Leute,

Yep. My life this last week. Wow so much change I can't even explain!!!! 1st off we had our worldwide missionary broadcast on Wednesday and ya they changed our schedules! Also, as a mission, we now have preparation days on Thursday so the next email I will be sending out isn't this Thursday but the next Thursday hahaha. Oh and did I mention transfers are tomorrow and I'm....TRAINING!!!!! Whooop whoooop!!!!!! Yep staying here in Dortmund for my 5th transfer and training Sister Kleiner, I know her name because there is only one sister coming into our mission and she's a Visa waiter most likely which means she most likely will not be here for too long and then go to her assigned mission somewhere else. I'm 99.9% certain that she is also German:) But I meet her tomorrow in Frankfurt and then I will see if my assumptions are correct! I'm so excited to help her love the mission and to work hard, be obedient, follow the spirit and see miracles from it!!
We had another street display this last week and it was so lustig because we thought we'd have a car to help bring the tables over and no....hahah so I carried a table 3 km again! Good exercise for sure! We met some really awesome people and I failed at speaking English so that's life now..but alles klar. Dortmund continues to amaze me! We had a lesson today with someone who actually was in Utah for 6 months and met with the missionaries because her friend is a member and KJ (shout out to my brother-in-law) actually met her once haha wow the world is small. She is so awesome and she speaks fluent English too so we had a good time comparing American and German cultures and how emotional Americans are and such. Hahah good times:) She knows so much it amazes me and she actually attended the same ward as Hollan (shout out to my brother). Sooo weird!!!! But she knows she's a child of God and that repentance is real and she loves the Book of Mormon! Can't wait to meet with her again!
Tuesday we went to the twin’s house to make pizza and teach a lesson!  Haha we had too much fun.. and Lisa and I tried to make pepperoni pizza. They don't have pepperoni here. They have Peperoni which is a type of "spicy" pepper. So we decided to make this sauce out of the peppers and dip the salami in it to make "pepperoni". We had a good laugh about it and the pizza turned out really good! Just didn't taste like pepperoni haha.

Something that stood out to me in the missionary broadcast: Do what you know is right and that it isn't necessary to always be conscious of the Spirit. That struck a chord in me because a lot of times I wonder if I have the spirit in lessons or when I go contacting on the street. But being able to understand that I don't always have to be conscious that the Spirit is with me is comforting because I know by doing those good things that He is there whether I notice or not.  We've had a lot of lessons this week focusing on the Holy Ghost and who he is for each of us. It's one of the hardest lessons to teach and describing who he is is difficult because everyone feels the Spirit their own way. But when an investigator notices it, their understanding increases so much and it's the best because they know what we are saying is true!! 

I’m so grateful for the opportunity I have to train! To help a new missionary love the mission and to help her come closer to Christ. I'm so grateful to be here, to meet so many wonderful people and to be a representative of Christ. This is truly the best experience I have ever had and I love every minute of it!

Liebe Grüße

Sister Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment