Monday, January 2, 2017

Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr

Hallo Leute!

Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr! Which means good slide into the new year! I can't believe it's already 2017!
This week was full of walking and finding less actives to reactivate. Most of our investigators were out of town and with family during the whole week which led us to going all over Dortmund! Such a beautiful place!

On the 26th we went to a members house, since it was the 2nd Christmas Day and we (my companion and I with the other four Elders) ate food from the Raclette (it's a stone that you cook meat on and the under it you melt cheese and vegetables and stuff then put it all together). Elder Rowe had to go make a call and set his glass on his chair and he came back and sat on his cup....it shattered and glass went everywhere. He was okay so we laughed, but ya that was interesting haha. I love the members here so much they are so nice and give us lots of sweets...that I wish I didn't eat but it happens.
I was studying Faith in Jesus Christ this week in personal study and I think I tend to not give faith enough credit hahah I mean I will say I have faith that this will happen but I don't really say it will my heart. There was a part that said "Faith is a principle of power. God works by power, but His power is usually exercised in response to faith. He works according to the faith of His children. Doubt and fear are opposed to faith" and that really hit home to me. I've been working on being more sincere with my prayers and with contacting and truly having faith that miracles will happen and that we will be in the right place at the right time to help people.
In our apartment it says "Glaube ist die Macht, gehorsam ist der Schlüssel" which means faith is the power and obedience is the key. When we do what we are supposed to, those things we ask for in faith will be given unto us. There are too many times where I have said "ya maybe I will find someone to share the Gospel with" and then I don't and I wonder why. Now I know...it's because I lack the faith! That's how God works, through the power of our faith! One day I prayed to find someone that would have interest in our message and so we went out during the day and a guy walked in front of us to go to his apartment and he was far enough away that we could of easily kept going but I yelled to him and he ended up being interested!! It's important to remember that with faith you also need to act! You can't just say I believe that God will help me find an investigator and then sit on a park bench and wait, you have to go talk to people! 
Okay I'm done with the rant hahaha New Years was crazy!  We were supposed to be in our apartments at 6pm because of how dangerous it was and at 12 I thought Germany was under attack. I couldn't sleep so I went into our study room and out the window it was so foggy and it looked like a wizard battle was going on hahaha


One ended up hitting our window...so now there's a black spot hahaha got to love Germany:)
Hope you all made your New Years resolutions:)! 

Liebe Grüße 
Sister Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment