Monday, January 23, 2017

JA ES GEHT


Hallo Leute!

What a week!

We had zone training this week and my very best friend, Sister Litster gave her leaver’s testimony! It's crazy how you make good friends out here and then how they have to go and finish their mission before you:(  But what was really cool was that we got to hold the first translated Book of Mormon into German!!!! Wow that German was rough to read because it's old time Deutsch. Ya nein danke. 
  
We went less active finding and we got let in!!! Yay someone was home!  We had a good lesson and getting to know you conversation and we even got hot chocolate! His wife is from England and told us that "Good-Bye" is a shortened version of "God be with you" and that "Howdy" is "how do you do". Like do I know English? No. Hahaha seriously tough. I have found that my English is awful haha it's pretty sad to be honest because when I say something wrong in German a lot of times it's because I translate from my bad English. So ja es geht.

We also had a street display!!! First one here in Dortmund in the last 5 years or so and man I love them! It started rough because the Zone Leaders were in Paderborn....with the car..and the street display was 30 min from the church. So Elder Apel and I carried tables from the church up a hill to the bahn, on the bahn and then up a bunch of stairs to the spot. Haha let's just say I got a good workout in and we laughed all the way there. Good times. I met some really cool people at the display. I was walking towards a man and his son when Elder Apel and Sister Litster called to me but I was already mid introducing myself which turned really awkward because I went "Entschuuuuuuuuuuuldigung Sie" and did this awkward step and ya it was embarrassing. But I ended up being able to make an appointment with him for Wednesday! So the Spirit guides and sometimes you make a fool out of yourself but then it's not about you and you end up helping someone else out!!! Ya good times:)
Love this place and transfers are coming next week but President said pretty much that I will stay for my 5th transfer here in the best city ever #Dortmund. I have found that happiness takes effort to start and when you start seeing everything with a positive attitude it becomes part of you. It's so much more fun when you do this work with happiness! When you radiate what this Gospel brings. 

We went to the castle I went to my 2nd Transfer here, but this time it was snowy and haha we had so much fun! This place keeps getting better and better and I never want to leave!



I hope you all see the great things God has placed in your lives because we are all so blessed! I got my Christmas package too!!!! Thanks Mom!!! It was the best thing ever to open in front of all the missionaries haha
Liebe Grüße

Sister Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment