Monday, December 26, 2016

Liebe Grüße 

Hallo Leute!

Merry Christmas still:) in Deutschland we celebrate the 24,25, and 26th!! 
I got to skype yesterday with 9 of my favorite people:) 


Not all could fit on my iPad screen but it was awesome! It was also weird because it felt like I had seen them the day before but it's been 6 months! Time goes....I've thought about that a lot this week. One day we traveled all over the area, following up with referrals and talking to less actives and it had to be 7 kilometers of walking alone. But I loved every step of it. Missions are really a different and special experience and I don't want to leave it! I have around a year left and I'm saying that now...I'm bracing myself for my last transfer.hahah Anyways onto happier things. 

This week we got two new investigators! Ones from England and he's so nice! He served in 4 wars for Great Britain and has gone through a lot.  And the other is a hardcore born and raised German woman that is very old and very sweet! I love getting to meet new people here. Everyone is so unique and have their own struggles and experiences that have shaped them. Which at times can be hard to understand what they go through. Which makes me happy that we have the Holy Ghost with us that prompts us with what these people need. It is truly a remarkable gift. But the best thing we can share with those who are struggling is the hope we have through Christ. What He has done for us, what he does for us and what He can do for us if we let Him. Everyone needs Him, doesn't matter if you are German, Irish, American, African, it doesn't matter. He knows you! He wants to help you! But we are all stubborn people and proud and quick to forget. Thank goodness we can always repent, we can always come back. There are 2nd chances and 3rd and 4th and so on. My mission has opened my eyes to that. That before I came out I really didn't understand the Atonement and who Christ is for me personally. I'm still working on figuring that out, but it is more clear.

As it is a new year next time I email, I want to invite you all to make a goal to get to know your Savior personally this next year and hopefully it will carry on into eternity. But make that goal, maybe it's to read in the Scriptures more, or do service projects once a week or to forgive. Make a goal that draws you to Him. He is the source of Happiness of pure Joy! 

Thank you for all your support and letters and packages! My mom sent me gingerbread house making stuff and ah! It was so fun!
My companions mom sent a shirt...that ended up being a children's medium hahaha but it was really nice!
My friend Nicole also sent me a hat and treats! It was a fun Christmas!!
We got to go to members houses and eat and sing and ah! I love it so much here! People are so loving:) Love this time of year! 

Liebe Grüße 
Sister Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment