Monday, December 12, 2016

Walk of "Wunders"


Hallo Leute!

This week we had transfers and.....IM STILL IN DORTMUND! Ya!!! Can't believe I'm in my 4th transfer:0 Two of the Elders got transferred in my Distrikt so now I'm the missionary that has been in Dortmund the longest... weird. 
1st off thanks to my beautiful family for the Thanksgiving notes, I got all of them on the same day! Mailbox has never been that full!


This week we were invited by the Münster sisters to share our testimonies of Christ at least 4 times during the day and it honestly helped me so much to refocus on my purpose. It's easy to get in a habit of asking people the same questions and stuff but forgetting to bear testimony of it. One particular day was awesome, I like to call what happened a “Walk of Wunders”, or miracles in englisch. We decided to go a certain way to our bus stop, a 20 minute walk, and on the way were able to meet two people and share the video with them and share testimony. The first guy, Sebastian was really interested.  He has a child he takes care of so he said the kid was his first priority, but took the Plan of Salvation pamphlet gladly and we talked to him for 15 minutes on the street. The next woman, Rosamarie, super Christian, accepted a Book of Mormon from us and said that we are all children of God. Both instances I was able to share my testimony of Christ and how He knows us personally and how His perfect example helps us know how we can better serve others. I prayed the night before to be able to have the courage to share my testimony of Him and I was able to have it be answered! God really does hear us and knows our heart’s true intent!

I've realized even more now how much faith plays a factor in everything, when I go out and think maybe someone will listen, I tend to not find a person that does. But when I tell God that I want to find 3 people to share the Weihnachts video with and go out with that intent then it more often than not happens. It truly depends on the effort you want to make and the faith you have that God will help you accomplish your goals. 

I’m truly blessed to be able to serve the Lord and spread the Joy. I was reading a talk from October 2013 conference called "Called of Him to Declare His Word" and he says "My young fellow servants, doors and hearts open daily to the gospel message--a message that brings hope and peace and joy to the children of God throughout the world. If you are humble and obedient and hearken to the voice of the Spirit, you will find great happiness in your service as a missionary. What a wonderful season it is to be a missionary--a time when the Lord is hastening His work" and how very true that is!! I've seen so many people receive this happiness in my short time out here and next Sunday I will be able to see one of the most ready young women be baptized, she's been taught for 3 years now and just got the permission of her parents to be baptized!! I'm so excited for her and for the blessings she will receive! 

Have a wonderful week and remember that faith is the start to making great things happen!

Liebe Grüße 

Sister Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment