Monday, December 5, 2016

Komisch


Hallo Leute,
Heading into the last week of transfers and hitting my 5 month mark tomorrow! Yikes! This week my comp and I decided to only speak Deutsch the whole week. Ya we did it! Our exceptions were during lunch breaks and such but other then that, the whole week! Let's just say on Sonntag my brain was fried hahah. But I'm super happy we did it because people always tell me that the best way to learn a language is to...Speak it! That what I did and I definitely feel a lot more comfortable speaking Deutsch now. It's just weird to me to think I can communicate with other people in this language and they can understand me and I can understand them..komisch.

We went over to a members house to start our Distrikt finding activity, which was to share the Christ Video with people around the area. Sis C und ich went with Brüder Nabrotzky to share it with his neighbors. We showed it 4 times! Super cool and missionary work is best done with members and missionaries working together! Remember that! The first person we went to had a dog that was super loud, when we started the video, she was still barking, I said a prayer over and over in my heart that she would quiet down. And she did! The video really brings the spirit.
This past week was a little rough, we had 7 appointments fall out in two days and I was pretty hard on myself about it. It's easy to get discouraged out here and to think that you aren't making a difference; that is what Satan tells you. And I battled that a little this week. But it helped me realize that what I'm supposed to do here is simply put my faith in God and trust that He has it all planned out. As long as I keep working hard and exercise my faith in Him, nothing else matters. I want to bring these people to the truth and let them know the pure Joy they can feel through Christ. But I need to be patient with God's timing. I'm constantly being reminded of that and humbled over and over. I didn't know how stubborn I was until I got out here and I didn't know how much I needed to rely on the Savior until I got out here too. He truly is the reason I keep going every day. I'm so very thankful that I have this opportunity to share with others what Christ is for me and to help them build their own relationship with Him. It is only through Him that we can have Joy and that we can return to our Heavenly Father. I know it. 
Liebe Grüße 

Sister Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment