Friday, July 28, 2017

Cremebad

Hallo Leute!
I was all over the place this week! I went to Euskirchen (2 hours in a train) and was on a split with Sister Estes who is from my MTC group! We had a lot of fun and may have gotten lost in a forest...but we made it out alive! We also helped out a member with cutting hedges and I ended up with tons of grasshoppers in my hair hahahah as an award for helping him, Bruder Titz gave us a loaf of freshly baked bread(Such a German thing to do). It's really cool to see how sisters progress during our splits together and how we both see the changes we need to make in order to become better missionaries.
I also got to go to Düsseldorf too and it downpoured the whole day! People must of thought we were crazy skipping along and being happy as we are becoming drenched with rain. My shoes ended up bleeding into my feet so now I have blue feet! Hahaha it will come off eventually.
Sister Catherall may have caught me a few times talking in my sleep. Last night I was apparently teaching someone how the Bible and the Book of Mormon are similar and last week I was setting up an appointment with someone on the street and saying it all in German. Guess I just don't stop being a missionary when I'm sleeping...I did yell another night "it's huge!!!" And Sis Catherall woke up and asked me what was and I told her there was a huge spider on the ceiling....and then I woke up and told her I was dreaming about it. Ahaha good times..Sister Catherall is a trooper for all the time she wakes up to me talking...
We had yet again another great lesson with Isaac! He's reading the Book of Mormon more and more and he shared 2 Nephi 33:10 "And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good" and he said that he felt in his heart that it was true, the words he were reading were from a prophet and they gave him so much strength! Just a great guy really diligently searching for the truth.
We've had some crazy cool finding stories as we have opened our mouth and trusted that God would fill it and sometimes we don't need to say anything, people just come up to us! I sat in a Bahn(train) and a guy came and sat next to me and asked how I was and what I do and said he'd be interested in learning and he gave me his number and told me I should call him, that happened two other times this last week! It helps that we carry Books of Mormon around with us everywhere and are wearing dresses. Makes us stick out hahah 
Our Distrikt leader shared this scripture with us in Moses 6:31 which says "And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?"
Which is often a question I ask because I am not so eloquent with my words and I'm also not perfect with German. But the Lords response is great!
32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good"
God promises him that he will have what he needs to fulfill God's will. I guess I forget a lot of the times that it's really nothing I do that's makes the difference besides acting. Opening my mouth, speaking to every person that I possibly can and then God gives me what the people need to hear as I need to His Spirit. We do all we can in life and God makes up the rest. But we need to ACT. We can't just wait around until God does stuff for us. He works with us according to our desire and our effort.
I hope you all choose to ACT this week and make the best out of your situations and that you see how God helps you through the hardtimes as you work with Him to do so.

Liebe Grüße, 
Sister Farner

PS we bought Cremebad thinking it was soap ...turns out it was bubble bath so we had been using bubble bath for soap for a solid week and had no clue..
The art of Duisburg

No comments:

Post a Comment