Thursday, July 20, 2017

Trockenrippen

Hallo Leute,
Shoutout to my mom for the birthday package:) it came!
We did a lot of finding this week and had a ton of hilarious and also really cool contacting situations for example:
- one man contacted us and started talking about how he leads people through haunted houses and then he said bye and walked away..
- another man asked if we were JWs and we said no and he then asked of if Adam's rib was dry when God took it to make Eve..trockenrippen(dried ribs)
- one man that I asked what made him happy said that we did because he saw us early talking to people with enthusiasm and said he'd gladly visit our church:)
- Sis Catherall and I sat across the aisle from each other and both talked to two guys and both of these men could on the speak English and we both got both of their numbers and hopped out of the train and ran across the platform to the train going in the other direction because we had missed our stop ha comp unity! There were a lot of other cool contacts but I don't have the time to share:)

Sister Perkins and her parents were traveling around her mission and we got to eat with her and our investigators, Scurender and Isaac, and Pouyan! Was really fun and really weird because of the mix of cultures. Ghana, America, Iran and India all together...hahaha so fun! Pouyan bore testimony to Isaac about the Book of Mormon and it was super cool! Also Isaac doesn't speak a lot of German and a guy in the train asked him if he was also Mormon and he said yes! Haha super funny!
We had MLC for the first time with President Boyer and it was sooo awesome! The mission is continuing on getting better and making goals in working better with members to help people to come to Christ. Members are so important!

Sister Yeck! My Mtc comp that I haven't seen since the very start of
my mission!!
Us being us
A lot happened this week that was also good but ich habe keinen Lust mehr zu schreiben...
There's a scripture that Sister Catherall wrote on our window and it's from Alma 26:34-35 and it says:
"Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land"
Ah this scripture is just exactly how we are feeling here! The Gospel is a gospel of joy and God has given us so many reason to rejoice! Yes we have hard times and things don't go as planned but when we remember all the things He has done for us and will do for us when we follow Him it's all worth it!

Have a great week!

Liebe Grüße
Sister Farner

THE STAIRS!!



No comments:

Post a Comment