Thursday, April 27, 2017

Du bist Kinder

Hallo Leute,
One week down in the good ol Duisburg! This week was full of so many awesome things I have no idea where to start!
President Stoddard allowed us to go to Dortmund on Sunday and borrow the car from the zone leaders to do so!
I was able to see Sussan get baptized!!!
I remember meeting her at a street display a few months back and wow I'm so proud of her! It was a real testimony builder to me of how we should act on the spiritual promptings we receive and not ignore/wait. Elder Rasband talked about that in the last General Conference, he said "The Lord knows the needs of all His children--and He knows who is prepared to help. If we let the Lord know in our morning prayers that we are ready, He will call on us to respond. If we respond, He will call on us time and time again and we will find ourselves on what President Monson calls “the Lord’s errand.” We will become spiritual first responders bringing help from on high." I almost didn't talk to Sussan because we had just finished our prayer to start the street display and I could have easily let her walk away, but the Spirit gave me the nudge and I responded. When we let the Spirit guide us and get over our pride and our rationalizations that is when we see miracles! Sussan has become one of my greatest friends and being able to see her be baptized gave me another confirmation that the Church is true! That when we follow Christ we have made the right choice and are able to have pure joy that only the gospel brings!
All the members in Dortmund were really confused to see me there again and Bruder Kube during the opening announcements of the baptismal service he said "welcome back Sister Farner, our Dortmunderin" I've been accepted as a true Dortmund citizen! Hahah I love that place!

from my last Sunday in Dortmund Celine, Laura, Ellen Sophie and the Fritzs

 Here in Duisburg, we are seeing miracles too! God has led us to so many of His ready children it is awesome! We were meeting with Maya who will be baptized in a few weeks and Sister Perkins offered me up to give a talk at her baptism...:) ha..super excited to see how that goes:))))
I went on a split with Sister Kux, from Dresden and we had so much fun! I really love the opportunity we have to get to know the sisters and see how they do missionary work, I've learned so much from all of them:)
Sister Kux and I in the snow
Now to explain my subject line, that isn't the right conjugation "du bist Kinder" means "you are children" and one of the new members from Iran, Cyrus, told me that:') he is so funny! He's learning German too and we always have a good time with him. I love the people here because they are from everywhere!! Syria, Iran, China, Mali, Nigeria, Sri Lanka and those are only a few of the people I met this week from those countries! Ah! So much work here to do so many people to help! 

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Farner
The new Distrikt
Cyrus made us Persian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment