Thursday, May 4, 2017

Die Wunder Brücke

Hallo Leute!

Congratulations to Jim and Alicja on their new baby girl! She's adorable:)

I can't believe it's May already! Bah! The weather is still in September mode so I've got plenty of time to serve here in Deutschland:)

This week was fantastic! We really saw the work of the Spirit as we street contacted. We use a survey sometimes and honestly I never used it before because I thought it'd never work. But I grew a testimony of it real quick when we contact a man under what I call die Wunder Brücke or the miracle bridge. We were able to stop 3 people total and do this survey and set up appointments with all of them from it! The survey talks about the family and peoples beliefs. One man in particular told us that he needed what we had because he needs to make a change in his life because he knows he's not good enough to be a father to his daughter. He told us he was busy but he did really have interest so we exchanged numbers and we told him we'd call him in a few weeks to set up a time. TWO days later he calls us and tells us that he wants to meet next week and that he is ready to here what we
believe about Christ and hopes that he will believe on it. The sincerity in his voice and his desire to know the truth gave us both chills! I told Sister Perkins after that I like phone calls now hahah.
People are ready to hear the gospel!!! He also said he was marking his calendar as "Jesus Termin"(appointment) haha.
I've been getting a lot of questions about why we believe God has a body and how Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ in the flesh, but most people aren't to willing to believe that quite yet but I was reading more about the Plan of Salvation and how we are sent to earth to learn and to grow and to become like our Heavenly Father and I stumbled upon a talk from President Oaks that's called "The Godhead and the Plan of Salvation" (like seriously everything I studied in the title) and he says "As spirit children of God, in an existence prior to mortality, we desired a destiny of eternal life but had progressed as far as we could without a mortal experience in a physical body." and that got me thinking about how much more we experience when we do have a body...pain and runners high are a few things I thought up (can you tell I miss exercise?) but it just makes sense why God has a body and had experienced everything and how we are created like Him and sent here to experience more! But ya I just thought I'd share that! 
I ate a "street taco" haha not really it had Döner meet and tasted like Asian food but it tasted good and it had a tortilla so I guess it counts:)


I went on a split with a new missionary..:)
I was told this week by an investigator to stop being so white hahah he's from Africa, we got a phone call from the assistants in the mission telling us we need to prepare two presentations for a zone conference (100 or so missionaries will be there) someone told Sister Perkins and I that we look like sisters, and I got my Easter package from my mom!!! Just some more random things for you all:)
Package my mom sent..those eyes hahah
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Farner



No comments:

Post a Comment