Thursday, May 25, 2017

Boosh

Hallo Leute!
Last week dolphin show for pday(I got soaked!)
Another week done and only a few more days until transfers! Today we went to a member's house and it was pday but we were like ja why not! Best pday ever!! The Dobischs are the cutest oldest people ever! We got to hear about the Berlin Wall, Bruder Dobisch said that he was alive when it was built and when it was torn down and as he told us about it being torn down, tears streamed down his face and wow it was cool to learn about his life and how his mother and brother traveled for months to find freedom from the Russians. You just learn so much from people here! I'm continually surprised at how hard people's lives are but also how they find peace and happiness still because they rely on the Lord to strengthen them and on God to answer their prayers.
The Dobischs are converts and the elders found them after dooring their street three times!! The elders had prayed of where to go and where lead to their street and no one was interested, a week later did the same thing and were told to return and no one was there, and the third time they prayed, they were told to go to this street and came in contact with the Dobisch family! They had been on vacation that whole time! But wow I got goosebumps! God leads us to the people that are ready! We just need to act and keep acting even when we don't see the fruits of our labors at first.

I was reading in Alma 5 this week and it is a chapter that you can't read too much! My brother Nairne told me to refer to it often before I went off on my mission and as I've done so I've been able to see how I've changed. In Verses 48 & 49 he says:
"48 I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.
49 And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and
young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again"
That is what I know! That is what I do! Just wonderful stuff you find in the Book of Mormon:)

Last thing, we had a lesson with Michael, who grew up in Africa and has a wonderful knowledge of the Bible and we answered some of his questions about where we go after this life. As we told him about the Spirit World he asked for proof of it in the Bible so we showed him and he asked for another passage and we showed him. He was so stunned that he never noticed that and was just ya so surprised! He didn't try to argue with us either he has a true desire to learn and it was amazing to see how his eyes were opened to new truths!
On a side note my English has hit a turn for this worse. Sister Perkins told me after the lesson that I say "Book" wrong hahah...but for real I say boosh. The German word for book is Buch so I put the two together when I speak English hahah oh man. Life. But I'm super excited for Michael he has a ton of potential!

Have a wonderful week!
Liebe Grüße
Sister Farner

Splits with the Leverkusen sisters!


Sister Schulz and I with Eis


Herne Split! Right after we got serenaded..


Sis p and I


Yep more Eis



No comments:

Post a Comment