Thursday, June 15, 2017

Getauft

Hallo Leute!
What a week!!
Pouyan was baptized on Saturday!! It was a tad stressful because we may have accidentally left some paperwork on the train...but it didn't matter because the baptism was great! Afterward he told me that he felt amazing and that everyone should be baptized:) I'll never forget seeing him come to church the next day with his white shirt and tie he had bought the night before. So proud of him and thankful for his testimony of the Church and of Christ. He told an investigator at church that he should be baptized hahah he's a little missionary already!
Church was great too because we had 5 people come that are interested in the church they are from Angola and Nigeria so we got to use the translation microphone and headsets. Man that is a hard job! But they said they loved church after...so the Spirit helped me out haha. One of them is named Malachi and he called me yesterday to say that he loves the church and loves going but feels like he's not a full member yet and wants to be baptized....???!!! I was so shocked on the phone I was like ookkayyy we can help! I'm always amazed at the people here! 
Monday I was in Hamm on a split with Sis Bernhisel and the next day we went to Herne to split back  and we stopped in Dortmund for 15 min waiting for our next train. Then we got to Herne and Sis Möller hopped on the train with me to go to Duisburg then we got off in Essen for 10 min to wait for our next train that took us to Duisburg. We had two power lessons with our investigators and members who were angels and stepped in to help us out. Then we got word that Sis Möller had to be back in Herne the next day by 9am because of a dentist appointment so then we left Duisburg that night, stayed with Sis Schulz and Sis Perkins for the night then went to a dentist appointment the next morning. Then tomorrow we are off to Münster!! Whoop! So basically what I'm trying to say is that I was all over the Ruhr Pott and it was a blast! Missions really keep you on your toes and throw surprises at you!
I was reading this week in Alma about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis and what a powerful conversion story.
"6And as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren, according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy, and the power of God working miracles in them--yea, I say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed in their preaching, and were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away.
7 For they became a righteous people; they did lay down the weapons of their rebellion, that they did not fight against God any more, neither against any of their brethren."
After reading that I thought about what things I can give up to come closer to the Lord, what things I can bury/lay down that are keeping me from becoming my best self. Sometimes I think we are the people who hold up the sword in defense to keep away the blessings of God we hold onto our pride or our sins or anything else that takes us from learning the correct way to be. Sometimes we are afraid to change ourselves because it takes a lot of effort, a lot of time, etc and in reality when we give up those things we find greater peace and joy! Bury your weapons!!

Life is good the mission is the best:) I love serving the Lord. Shout out to my little brother for going in the MTC this week:) proud of you Elder Farner!!

Liebe Grüße 
Sister Farner
Dortmund
Sport P-day


No comments:

Post a Comment