Monday, October 10, 2016

Hallo Leute!

I've been on my mission for 3 months....what the? So crazy!! Learning more and more each day!
And Sister T and I literally think the same now and it's freaky. It's like we're twins but she's short and has blonde hair and blue eyes and ya. But just now I was like "don't forget to write about this thing that happened this week and she was like, I'm literally writing that right now!" Hahahah sehr lustig.
 
People
- One of our investigators literally blew our minds this week, we met with him for the second time and at the end of the lesson he talked about how there are two paths in life, one that is seemingly hard and the other that is seemingly beautiful, that has horses and flowers, etc. then he compared it to the gospel. He said that God's way is hard at first but when you are on the path it gets easier, it doesn't mean that everything is perfect after we follow Him, but it's enough to bear.  Then he said the devil's way is the one that's seemingly beautiful, but as you go down that path you start to realize you aren't as happy as you could be and you make decisions that affect you so much and make you feel awful inside. He said this and I was like wow, you are awesome! He knows so much already and he's ready and willing to be baptized because he knows as we follow Christ, we will return to God. The devil's way doesn't bring everlasting joy, only temporary happiness at most.
 
- We had stopped by an old folks home to talk to a less active and we got in there (met with her 5 times at least) and she thought I was new missionary and then when I talked to her she said she couldn't understand me. I felt like I hit a wall. After that appointment we were walking down the street and I stopped a woman and she didn't understand me, even after repeating myself. Then Sister T said the same thing and she understood her. After we got to the bahn and I was pretty freaked out because I thought somehow I got sent back to my first week being here and couldn't speak German. I prayed in my head to Heavenly Father for peace and to help me overcome this obstacle and to keep helping others come unto Christ and to forget myself and go to work. We get off the bahn and I see this woman coming towards me and I feel in my heart, I need to stop her, but I paused because I was afraid she wouldn't understand, but I shook that thought off and went up to her and asked her if she knew about the Book of Mormon.  She had heard about it, and so I bore testimony of the truthfulness of it and I don't remember what else I had said, but she accepted a copy of it and we got her number to set up an appointment! Wow she was so excited about it too! This was a real testimony builder to me because it's easy to think about yourself and what you lack and what stinks and ya. But when you truly set your problems aside and do what the Lord wants you to do, you see miracles, you are happier and it all works out in the end when you trust in Him.
 
Miracle
- This was crazy. So we had just finished a meeting with the Elders and the zone leaders asked us to give a miracle story in zone training in 2 weeks. We have miracle stories but nothing really stuck out. So we got home and I had found these two hideous and 10x too big dresses that I thought would be fun to try on during our getting ready for bed time. So we tried them on and literally died from laughter, as we were laughing, the phone rings and it's from an unknown number. Sister T answered and this woman said she had found our card when she was moving her ex boyfriend's stuff out of her house, she had been looking at a bible and moved it and the card was in her lap. She picked it up and said she felt like it was a sign to call the number and that is why she was talking to us. Her ex had found the card in the street outside the apartment and kept it. Wow. We have a lesson with her this week and I'm so excited. To think that at that time were trying on ugly dresses made me wonder if they are lucky. But miracles exist.

Word of the week: Salami
It means Salami, surprise! This was more of a funny story... Sister T und ich habe pizza night every Freitag and our pizza was pretty hot, so she thought it'd be a good idea to hang the pizza outside the window, well let's just say the toppings may have slipped off..and Salami was the topping. I looked out and since we are on the 3rd floor, there were a few places it could have landed. And well let's just say it landed on our neighbors window sill with a splat haha so for a few days there was a piece of Salami chilling outside their window aber now there is just a red spot of where it landed....moral of the story don't hang your pizza out the window...

On a more spiritual thought to end the update, General Konferenz talks are up online and I seriously am so happy that I can read them! One that stood out to me even more was the Prophet, Thomas S Monsons talk on the Plan of Happiness. My favorite part was where he says 
"Essential to the plan is our Savior, Jesus Christ. Without His atoning sacrifice, all would be lost. It is not enough, however, merely to believe in Him and His mission. We need to work and learn, search and pray, repent and improve. We need to know God’s laws and live them. We need to receive His saving ordinances. Only by so doing will we obtain true, eternal happiness" Faith requires action! If we truly want to return to Heavenly Father, we need to make the effort to do so! 
 
Love you all lots! Bis nächste Woche!
Sister Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment