Thursday, September 28, 2017

Ich kann ein Lied davon singen:)

Hallo Leute!

After getting lost in a forest for a few hours, I finally found the time to write some things down from last week:)


On Saturday we headed to Michelstadt to help out with a intercultural fest that they were having and we were in charge of the family search stand. Michelstadt is the cutest little German village ever!

We got signed up to sing on the stage in front of a bunch of people and the acts before us were belly dancing. So it was a bit terrifying to go up there and to sing hymns after loud blaring music. Us 6 missionaries and a member got up there and I was like....uh...but as we sang I felt at peace and after the three songs, the DJ said someone asked what Church we were from and he gave me the microphone and I said "Wir sind von der Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzten Tage!"not
ashamed! The more I'm out of here the more I feel at peace with the path I am on. It's definitely not easy facing rejecting everyday, but the message is a good one and I know it in my heart! There are so many awesome things that come to pass through hard work and a positive attitude!
A scripture comes to mind, Alma 26:12:
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we
have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever"

Sunday was again another awesome day! We had four people in church, a few from Palestine and a few from Syria! One of our investigators(Abraham) brought his friend, Basharand we got to teach
him yesterday about the Restoration! He texted us last night to thank us for the lesson and told us he has a lot of respect for our church:) Really nice guy and is ready to learn about the Gospel!

We've had lots of cool experiences with handing cards out and people calling, one man we talked to in a Bahn told us that we were awesome people and that he could feel the good energy coming from us(Holy Ghost) we didn't get a number but we invited him to church and he said he would come. Normally people don't come or call, but he texted us on Saturday! It was so cool! We are going to be meeting with him in a few days now! It's so important to not give up the hope:)

This weekend is General Conference weekend!!!! So exciting! We are blessed to have a living Prophet today and to hear his words!

Have a great week!
Liebe Grüße
Sister Farner

Apfel küchle

 

Germany Sky:)


No comments:

Post a Comment