Friday, February 17, 2017

Streichholzschächtelchen

Hallo Leute,

Having a German companion is the best haha. We make fun of each other's attempts of speaking the others native language like just randomly Sister K will say Streichholzschächtelchen and I will combat it will quadrilateral and ya we struggle haha. If you are wondering, Streichholzschächtelchen means little matchbox...so yes the training
is going well, she trains me most of the time. 
One of the coolest things happened this week, we went to Innenstadt to find potentials and the 2nd person we talked to talked for 45min about evolution and to be honest I tried to focus in but it involved too many big words in German and I had no clue what they meant. Which left us with 15 minutes before we had to catch our train to get back to the church. We could have easily gone back and waited for the train.  But we told each other that we'd stay and find the 3 ready people that we prayed to Heavenly Father for. So we went to work and in 10 minutes we got 3 numbers from people! And I'm telling you right now, that is a miracle because normally we would go for hours and only find one person ready to hear the gospel. But we found three. Sister K and I evaluated what had just happened on the train ride back and how when we pray to Heavenly Father with a specific plan in mind (help us find the 3 people ready to hear the gospel) and then we put the effort in and have faith we can do it, we see miracles! We can apply that to any situation, prayer is powerful and often taken for granted. I feel like say that every email, but it's so true. 

We had Zone conference and I got to see 4 of the 7 original members of my district in the MTC! So fun too see how far each of them have come! Also, there was time for 6 people to share their testimony on the restoration during the conference and they asked for volunteers and 4 elders rose their hands and I'm like come on sisters and I turn to look at the sisters and sister Meure was like you go and tapped me on the back and for some reason my hand shot up.....what??? I was like what did I just do, there's 50 missionaries here. What the heck. But I went up and bore my testimony and was filled with the peace of the spirit, held back the tears....mostly.. but I can tell you I did not raise my hand the Holy Ghost moved it up haha. 


THANKS so much for the packages! My lovely mother sent me a Valentine's Day one and Keely, my boss form work sent me a belated Christmas one:) really appreciate them!!

Hope you all have a wonderful week! I'm so glad to be here and spread the gospel!

Liebe Grüße
Sister Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment