Monday, November 21, 2016

die Welt ein Licht


Happy Thanksgiving all!

I actually forgot that it is Thanksgiving this week since we don't celebrate it here in Germany so thanks mom for the reminder:)

This Tuesday we had our mission tour and Elder Alder from the Area 70 came and talked to us. We practiced introducing our new pass along cards, die Welt ein Licht, and I practiced introducing it to Elder Adler...no pressure. He was actually really helpful and helped me realize that I need to be more personal when I share me testimony to people on the street and invite them to take the lessons. Very humbling experience but also I'm at the point where I can speak okay German, but now it's time to make it more meaningful!

People
We stopped by a member this week and she gave us pumpkin pie! We got to talk to her about how she met her husband. Really cute story, her mom told her she should go to the temple with her ward but she didn't want to, her mom insisted, and so she went to the  temple and met a guy there who became her husband! So cute! I love the members here and am so grateful I get to serve in Dortmund. This place is my home! 
We met a man named John on the street this week and he came to church! We had to go find him though because he got lost and we were drenched when we came back. I translated for him! He can only speak Urdu and English so I translated for two hours. That my friends, is super hard but super cool! 
Pday
CHRISTMAS MARKET IS OPEN AND LITERALLY IS THE BEST THING OF MY LIFE NO JOKE! So cool and we spent 3 hours wandering around it hence why my email is short. I love the Christmas Spirit and so does Deutschland. They finished their big Weihnachtsbaum and I'm pretty sure it's the biggest in the world! We didn't want to leave!


But I guess none of you back home are quite yet at the Christmas phase because Thanksgiving hasn't happened yet, but ah! So excited!

I’m grateful for this Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm thankful that I can share it with the people here in Germany. I'm thankful for my family and the knowledge that I will live with them for eternity. I'm thankful for all of my wonderful friends who have supported me so much and dealt with me through everything. I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers my prayers in the way He knows best, the way that helps me learn and grow. I'm thankful for the German language and that I get to learn and speak it (2 months ago I would've said otherwise..). I'm thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and for the ultimate sacrifice He made for me and for everyone. Every day I reflect on how much love He has for me and I'm truly grateful I can be cleansed from my sins. 

I hope you all have time to reflect on all the things you have been blessed with this week and beyond this week. We are truly lucky to be on the beautiful earth!

Liebe Grüße 

Sister Farner

Ps rain storm hit and I got drenched..

No comments:

Post a Comment